Open Questions: Astrochemistry
See also: Exobiology --
Extrasolar planets --
Stellar formation and evolution --
Sites with general resources
Surveys, overviews, tutorials
New clues to the left-handed origins of life
- July 1998 news article from
about how the chirality of organic molecules in space can
be affected by circularly polarized light.
Life's Housing May Come from Space
- Februrary 2001 news article from Science News, about
the possibility that organic chemicals capable of forming
membranes may have been formed in space.
Buckyballs Can Come from Outer Space
- March 2000 news article from Science News, about
discovery of fullerenes on meteorites.
Science News, May 1, 2004
- The stuff of life has far-flung origins.
Cosmic Chemistry Gets Creative
Science News, May 19, 2001
- Big guns, bench work: How life could've come from above.
Copyright © 2002 by Charles Daney, All Rights Reserved