Open Questions: Geologic History of the Earth
- "An educational web portal that focuses on" physical
geography. The site includes an
The Physical Environment: An Introduction to Physical
- Online textbook of physical geography, by Michael Ritter.
There is also a
maintained by the author.
West Australian find sets back Earth clock
- January 2001 news article about discovery of 4.4 billion
year-old minerals that indicate Earth may have cool enough to
allow life to develop earlier than previously supposed.
Record of Earth's history found in ancient rocks
- August 2000 news article about evidence from sulphur isotopes
that atmospheric oxygen levels rose significantly between 2.5 and
2.1 billion years ago.
The iron record of Earth's oxygen
Science News, June 20, 2009
- Scientists are decoding the geological secrets of banded
Copyright © 2002 by Charles Daney, All Rights Reserved