Open Questions: Wormholes
Open Directory Project: Worm Holes
- Categorized and annotated links. A version of this
list is at
Google, with entries sorted in "page rank" order.
- Categorized site directory. Entries usually include
Sites with general resources
Surveys, overviews, tutorials
- Article from
The Birth of Wormholes
- Short article from
Physical Review Focus that summarizes the original
paper of Einstein and Rosen which first suggested "wormholes".
New theory for time travelling wormholes
- April 2000 news article about calculations that suggest
the general theory of relativity may allow for wormholes.
What exactly is a 'wormhole'? Have wormholes been proven
to exist or are they still theoretical?
- September 1997 Scientific American "Ask an Expert" article,
with response by Richard F. Holman.
- Of Wormholes, Time Machines, and Paradoxes
J. Craig Wheeler
Astronomy, February 1996, pp. 52-57
- Some solutions of the equation of general relativity allow
for the existence of "bridges" between different parts of the
universe and even for a sort of "time travel".
- Paul Halpern - Cosmic Wormholes: The Search for Interstellar
Plume Books, 1992
- The book is intended for a popular audience and omits details
of the mathematics and general relativity. Though necessarily
speculative due to the subject, it is technically sound.
Copyright © 2002 by Charles Daney, All Rights Reserved